The Boreas Quartet was founded in 2011 with a mission of performing and recording new and exciting works for tuba-euphonium quartet. Along with performing music originally written for their type of ensemble, the group has arranged various masterworks and other stimulating pieces for the quartet, giving the works a fresh sound, and expanding the quartet repertoire. The group first came together at the University of Alabama as students of Demondrae Thurman, and each member brings a unique vision and energy, creating a very spirited dynamic.
- Prelude in G Minor, Op. 23, No. 5 – Rachmaninoff
- The Serpent’s Kiss – Bolcom
- String Quartet No. 8 in C minor, Op. 110 – Shostakovich
- Masonic Funeral Music, K. 477 – Mozart
- Myths and Legends – Ewazen
- Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565 – Bach
- Yesterday – McCartney